This US-based factory produces door panels, bumpers, moldings, HVAC ducts, fluid systems, etc. to the automotive industry.
- The company had severe working environment problems with dust all over the factory.
- The company also had difficulties separating dust from the regrind material. Only 30% of the regrind material was reused.
- Tools and screens for machines required frequent cleaning of dust to avoid quality issues for the final product.
- The solution had to increase the use of the regrind material, significantly reduce the dust problem to improve health & safety, and have a short pay-back period.
Before the Kongskilde system was installed, the material was transported from the grinder to the hopper with a “material through fan”. The material through fan further damaged the material and created additional dust. Only a small percentage of dust was collected in the filter bags.
- The Kongskilde system consists of the AirWash 50 with K-200 dust collector. Material inlet from the grinder is transported through OK pipes with 160 mm diameter, while outlets to dust collector is OK pipes with 200 mm diameter.
- The AirWash double cleaner system virtually removes all dust from the regrind material, and the output is ready for reuse in the blow moulding process.
- The AirWash 50 comes with a blower MTD25 4,0 kW motor and a standard frame.
- The dust is collected in the K-200 bags. The dust bags must be emptied weekly/bi-weekly depending on the material and grinding process.
The Advantages and Benefits
- The payback of the Kongskilde system was 6 months.
- After installing the Kongskilde system, the reuse of grinded material increased from 30% to 80%, leading to significant financial savings.
- Eliminating dust from the regrind material improved product quality and reduced the need for frequent cleaning of machines and tools.
- The work environment improved through a significant reduction of dust from the factory indoor environment, and the need to wash slippery floors was reduced.
- Material: HDPE Regrind
- Bulk density: <35 lbs./ft3
- Particle size: 3/8”
- Rate: ~650 lbs./hr. (295 gram/hr)
- Number of machines: 30+ individual machine side grinders that all require AirWash units.