- This large French producer of yogurt had a wish to eliminate plastic waste from five production lines.
- At the same time, the company wanted to eliminate the manual work of regularly removing two plastic boxes per production line from the production area to the waste container.
- The yogurt producer wished to separate the different coloured stars (a “star” is the plastic off-cut in the middle of a yogurt 4-pack)
- The company had a cost of EUR 9,000 per month for transport and handling of unsorted bulk waste to the recycling company.
- The system consists of the Kongskilde MultiSeparator, the RVS, which enables the removal by suction of waste material from the 5 yogurt production lines.
- It comes with a BPD 30 kW blower, designed for handling of material through the blowers. It is equipped with a self-cleaning rotor, which has backward curved blades and an aerodynamic intake.
The Advantages and Benefits
- Today, more than 8 tons of production waste material are recovered and resold directly to the raw material supplier at around EUR 200 per ton. Furthermore, the company now saves on the cost of treatment by recycling company. In addition, the waste material is now conveyed directly into bigbags which saves the company EUR 9,000 per month as bigbags are cheaper to transport than whole containers.
- The expected payback time is under three years.
- Moreover, the individual conveying lines from each production machine make it possible to keep different waste materials/colours separated.
- Finally, the staff is no longer required for internal transport of small containers from inside the production area to the outside containers.