This Spanish lollypop producer is part of a worldwide company producing confectionary products.
The customer has 4 process machines producing endless trims of waste when packing lollypops. The trims were collected in small binds next to the machine and that created 3 main problems:
- The time and labour costs needed to handle and remove the waste were too high. The removal of waste required a forklift. This created a liability issue in the production area.
- The look of the production environment with trim waste laying in waste containers was not representative whenever the customer received guests.
- There was a negative impact on the productivity caused by the accumulated waste around each machine.
- The company needed a waste solution that could keep the production area clean and increase production efficiency due to minimal line stops.
- The pneumatic solution implemented is the well-proven Kongskilde RVS 5000 system combined with the new FC MultiAir 1100S and one MultiCutter. The pipeline is the flexible OK 160 system and the solution is easy to upgrade
- High flexibility and the modularity means easy setup of the pneumatic conveyor solution which can be accomplished in hours. The pipes mounted in the ceiling liberates space
- The solution generates a significant low extraction airflow for every machine
The Advantages and Benefits
- The Kongskilde solution increased productivity as the customer no longer has to stop the machines to empty the waste bins where the endless trims used to be collected.
- Downtime has been reduced by 1.5 hours by automatic and continuous transfer of waste directly out of the production facilities to an outside container.
- Labour cost related to manual waste handling inside the production and adjacent areas has been reduced by 25 %. The liability related to the forklift is no longer a concern.
- More space around the machines improves productivity.
- The factory environment is cleaner as waste is no longer collected in bins around the machines.
- Due to the vertical piping design and use of stainless steel pipes the customer can now perform wet cleaning regularly inside and outside on our trim suction piping.
- Pay-back time is expected to be less than 10 months.
- Material: Silicon paper, endless trim
- Number of machines: 4 pcs
- Number of endless trims: 1 pcs per machine
- Max. trim width: 20 mm
- Max. trim speed: 225 m/min.
- Material thickness: 30-100 g/m2
- System specifications: Conveying distance: 100 m + 6 x 90°