This label converter in the UK produces labels for bottles and jars in various sizes.
- The customer had a combination of three die-cutters and two guillotines and wanted to install a new guillotine.
- Waste was being collected in large wheelie bins which significantly reduced floor space in an already busy production environment.
- The customer wanted to reduce space in the production area to allow for the installation of the new guillotine and to minimize downtime by freeing up operators from emptying bins.
- The amount and cost related to the disposal of the approx. 10 tonnes of waste every week was considered too high, and the solution should contribute to minimizing the costs.
- One primary consideration was the environmental impact on the outside discharge area. Housing was very close by so noise and dust pollution was a concern for the customer.
The pneumatic solution implemented was a vacuum system using a rotary separator combined with an MCK 50 blower and ATEX filter with a St1 ATEX approved back pressure flap to ensure maximum efficiency with the lowest possible impact on the in- and outside environment.
The Advantages and Benefits
- The Kongskilde solution increased productivity as the customer no longer has to stop the machines to empty the wheelie bins filled with collected offcuts.
- The space created by removing the wheelie bins allowed for the installation of the new guillotine which has increased their productivity considerably.
- Combining our waste system with a compactor helped reduced the size of the material allowing for fewer collections of RORO containers and dramatically reduced transport costs.
- With the use of a filter, the Kongskilde solution was able to remove the issue of dust being exhausted from the system.
- The acoustically enclosed blower and inline silencers ensured that the customer meets all their environmental concerns.
- Material: Paper labels (no glue)
- Thickness: 80 g/m2
- Number of machines: 6 pcs (3 die-cutters/3 guillotines)
- Size die-cutter: 60 x 60 mm
- Size guillotine: 10 x 500 mm
- Rate die-cutter: 700 punches/hr. 1000 sheets per punch
- Rate guillotine: 300 cuts/hr. 1000 sheets per cut
- System specifications: Conveying distance: 72 m + 7 x 90° bends