Venturi systems convey materials, such as edge trim and punch outs, from processing machines and systems to waste handling area. Thus, they are used in material handling and packaging industries. As there are various different needs across different industries, there are likewise various kinds of conveying systems.
Professional pneumatic systems can be installed almost anywhere and are safer to use in material transfer than other mechanical solutions; they host advanced safety features, such as no moving parts in contact with staff and material, and are built to last. Installing of a Venturi system can be one of the key steps taken by a company to ensure it is performing at peak capacity.
The KIV conveyor system
There are conveying systems particularly designed to convey granules which have a low specific weight and do not float easily, like EPS. Kongskilde Industries offers a granules conveying solution with the patented FVO system – also called KIV system. This system is ideal for low density, oddly shaped or continuous length edge trims.
System components and functionality: The Venturi
The KIV system is composed of a Venturi and air return unit. The following descriptions cover the core system components:
- The Venturi in combination with an operational MultiAir high pressure blower, which generates the necessary air volume and pressure for material transfer. Air return in the line allows the blower to pull back out airflow so that the pipe system does not have to be upsized to handle extra air volume.
- The MultiAir blower is the source of power in several Kongskilde solutions and has many notable benefits, such as its low noise level and weatherproofing. Weatherproofing allows for flexibility in terms of placement, wherein the blower can be inside the production area or outside the facility depending on available space.
- The EPS granules ultimately pass through a cyclone before being discharged from the Venturi system. Cyclones are used in pneumatic conveying in addition to separation of dust and particles from air. Cyclone inlets, top outlets and bottom outlets are available in various sizes.
- Trim and off-cuts from packaging industries are often conveyed with a Venturi system and discharged through a static separator (Kongskilde STS/KU units)
- Pipe diameters in the Venturi system depend on product size, but the offered range is between 80 to 400mm. In most instances, a shorter conveying distance equates to a more economical solution.
The materials flowing through the KIV Venturi can be conveyed as either approved items or rejects for recycling.
The KIV system, like all Kongskilde conveying systems, is built using unique standard modular components. This means that necessary changes can be made at a later date if, for example, the capacity needs to increase or decrease. The systems can also be set up in a way that suits the client’s available space. All components are quickly assembled and securely installed.
Kongskilde Industries’ solutions are high-performance machines which can meet the conveying demands of your operations. Any questions or concerns can be shared with us, as we hope to offer you the best solutions.