This US-based company is one of the largest producers in the American plastic bag industry. The company needed a flexible conveying solution that could provide fast and reliable transport of PP and PE pellets from rail cars. The rail car siding has room for up to 5 cars to be parked for unloading, each having 4 ports to pull the pellets from. The pellets will then be blown into any one of 10 different 31-meter high silos within a tight timeframe.
The conveying solution had to be 100% free of any kind of contamination, including moisture and or other materials. If moisture and/or foreign particles get into the silos, it can have devastating economic consequences. The total cost of ownership should be less than for their previous conveying system with PD pumps.
- The system consists of modular standard elements and ensures a conveying system that brings the pellets safely into the silos in time, no matter from which rail car the pellets are being vacuumed from.
- The solution consists of 2 TRL 600 blowers to overcome the distance and the need to keep the air temperature as low as possible. This secures a high-performance pneumatic solution that is 100% free of contamination.
- The Kongskilde conveying system is a cost-effective investment with low operating/maintenance costs.
The Advantages and Benefits
- The high flexibility and modularity of Kongskilde conveying solutions assure easy installation and the ability to meet special requirements.
- Next time the customer builds a new silo, it is less costly to upgrade the system. Kongskilde just installs a new pipeline.
- The high-performance solution exceeds other conveying systems in terms of safe operation without the risk of contamination of the plastic pellets.
- By utilizing 2 Blowers – one for the vacuum side and one for the pressure side – we are able to minimize heat build-up over the ambient temperature in the conveying line, thereby reducing the risk of creating “streamers” in the pipeline.
- Less need for maintenance of the Kongskilde pneumatic solution contributes to low operating costs.
- Material: PP and PE Pellets
- Dimensions: pellets max Ø 3mm, grid max Ø 1mm
- Requested solution providing a flow of 15-20 metric tons of pellets per hour to the 31 meters high silos
- Bulk density: approx. 520 kg/m3
- Conveying distance: H: max 31 m. V: max 28 m